Thank-You For Your Service

RCC Veteran Resources

You served our country and we honor your place on our campus — our Veterans center and programs are designed to support and guide you to success. Veterans are eligible for four years of priority registration, this is to be used within fifteen years of your discharged date from active duty.
Visit us  
Dr. Charles A. Kane Building, Room 104 
Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm (6 pm on Tuesday)  
Dr. Charles A. Kane Building  
Room 104 (First Floor) 
4800 Magnolia Avenue 
Riverside, CA 92506 
(951) 222-8607

If you have a question for the VRC Counselor, please email Vivian Ygloria.


Important Information

file olders

Priority Registration

VRC students who have been approved for Priority Registration must contact the VRC to be cleared. The time frame for summer and fall is the last two weeks in April, and for winter and spring it is the last two weeks in October.

Be Advised:  Unit Caps Apply During Priority Registration 


RCC Admission Application Deadlines

Winter 2021 application period:  July 1 2020 – January 8, 2021

Spring 2021 application period: Application Period: July 1, 2020 – April 22, 2021


dropping classes

Drop for Non-Payment

To avoid being dropped for non-payment, you must submit your Statement of Responsibility (SOR) each semester immediately after registering for courses, with no further changes to your class schedule. Drops and changes to your class schedule, may affect your benefits. Please contact the Veteran’s Resource Center if changes to your schedule occurs after submitting your SOR.

Call 888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) for questions regarding pay, the Certificate of Eligibility or  Veterans’ Affairs (VA) Benefits. 

Benefits You May Be Entitled To

VA Administered Programs

Riverside City College provides assistance to Veterans seeking to use the following educational benefits: 

  • Active Duty Educational Assistance Program, Montgomery GI Bill - Chapter 30 
  • Post-9/11 GI Bill - Chapter 33 
  • Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program, Montgomery GI Bill - Chapter 1606 
  • Vocational Rehabilitation - Chapter 31 
  • Reserve Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 1607 
  • Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance Program - Chapter 35

We certify Veterans who are seeking to use the VA benefits listed above to obtain an Associate's degree, complete a Certificate program, or obtain units to transfer to a 4-year University.  

Benefit eligibility is determined by the Department of Veterans' Affairs. 

The Veterans' Program Requirements

Students must have a VA approved Student Educational Plan (SEP/Ed Plan) he/she understands. These plans, developed between a RCC counselor and you, will serve as your road map, listing required coursework so you can chart your progress in completing your educational goals. This plan is so important for your benefits and success at RCC. It is necessary to first see a counselor to select and discuss your specific program of study. The counselor can gauge your interests and aspirations through a personal discussion with you to make sure you are aware of various coursework associated with specific programs and eliminate any misunderstandings about program requirements as well.

Steps to Receiving Benefits

The following steps help and guide you, as a new Veteran student, in transition to Riverside City College and reaching your educational/career goals. To avoid being dropped for non-payment, submit your RCC Veteran's Statement of Responsibility immediately after registering for courses. There are admission application deadlines to apply for RCC (See Above). Call 888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) for questions regarding pay, the Certificate of Eligibility, or VA Benefits.
  • Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607 - Apply with the Veterans’ Affairs Office(VA) - Form 22-1990
  • Chapter 35 - Apply with the VA - Form 22-5490
    • Apply online , or
    • Obtain the 22-5490 from RCC Veterans Services.

Note : Within 2-4 weeks, the VA will send you two copies of your Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Bring one of the two copies to RCC Veterans Services. 

  • Chapter 30, 33, 1606 or 1607
    • Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-1995 to RCC Veterans Services.
    • Forms can be found at
  • Chapter 35
    • Transfer your benefits to be used by turning in Form 22-5495 to RCC Veterans Services.
    • Forms can be found at  
  • First-time college students, transfer students, and returning students Apply Online
  • Students may apply for Financial Aid
    • For further information, visit the Student Financial Services website or contact Student Financial Services at (951) 222-8710 
  • First-time college students and returning students will complete their Placement Survey in MyPortal for appropriate placement in Math and English classes.
  • Login to MyPortal
  • First-time college students may do an Online Orientation and First Semester Ed Plan via MyPortal
  • Activate your RCCD email account 
  • Veterans are eligible for priority registration for four years after being discharged from active duty. To obtain a priority registration date, Veterans must take a copy of their DD214, discharge papers, to RCC Veterans Services; in person or via email to Staff will eligible Veterans priority registration dates.
  • If you do not have a copy of your DD214, you can request yours here

Request all Official Transcripts be mailed to
Riverside City College - Incoming Transcripts 
4800 Magnolia Ave 
Riverside, CA 92506 

When applicable, electronic requests may be sent to

For further information concerning transcripts procedures please visit RCC transcripts website.

Note: Before your enrollment can be certified, all prior credit must be evaluated. Transcripts must be official, sealed and less than 90 days old. 
Transcripts Required: 

  • Military transcripts (Army, National Guard, Navy, Marines, Air Force, and Coast Guard) 
  • All other College or University transcripts 
  • High School transcripts for certain educational plans 

Military Transcript Request Forms*: 

* Include the RCC address on transcript requests and send your request to the address or the fax number on the form. 


The Transfer Evaluation System site includes information for public view on transfer articulations including American Council on Education (ACE) for Military Articulation to Riverside City College (RCC). Although Riverside City College has made this available for public use, the database does not take the place of a counselor and proper student advising. Once you become a student at RCC, please make an appointment with a counselor to develop you Student Education Plan (SEP).  Schedule Appointment to meet with a RCC Counselor.

Check That RCC Received Transcripts 

Check via WebAdvisor (under transcripts received) to see if all transcripts have been received by the college. 

Contact RCC Veterans Services as soon as all transcripts are received via phone (951) 222-8607 or email

  • Request a transcript evaluation. Once you have received confirmation that the evaluation is complete a Student Education Plan (SEP) can be created.
  • Please remember your placement survey (completed during application) must be complete and all official transcripts must be submitted for the VRC Student Education Plan (SEP) to be created.
  • Some military specialties are approved to received RCC credit for courses/trainings that occurred while in the service, make sure to speak with your VRC Counselor about this opportunity. – Click here for the Credit for Prior Learning form

Apply at Riverside City College Financial Aid school code 001270.

RCCD Student Email will provide you important notices from the Veterans Resource Center including certification confirmation, registration date, upcoming events, faculty correspondence, and much more. For information about activating your student email go to and log in to MyPortal.

  • For assistance choosing a program of study, you can meet with the RCC Veterans’ Academic Counselor. 
    • To schedule an appointment with the Veteran’s Counselor please contact RCC Veterans Services  via phone (951) 222-8607 or email, or make an appointment here. Our staff will assist with scheduling you an appointment with the VRC Counselor. 
    • Be prepared to share your VA approved intended 'Program of Study'.
    • College articulation agreements can be found at or
    • A list of VA approved programs is available to view at 
    • When registering for classes refer to your copy of the VA SEP.  Only required classes listed are payable by the VA.  
  • Students register for classes via MyPortal or EduNav on or after their assigned registration date and time (View registration dates on MyPortal)
  • Once enrolled in classes, fill out a Statement of Responsibility Form
    • This form is also available at RCC Veterans Services and must be completed by the student each semester to request benefits
    • Turning in this form immediately upon registering for classes will prevent Veterans from being dropped for non-payment
    • The SOR informs the RCC VA Certifying Officials of your intent to use benefits for the semester to process you through the VA for accurate usage of benefits.
  • Veterans Services will submit the enrollment certification to the VA for required courses only, please be mindful of your units as it will affect your benefits. 
  • At the end of every month, Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 students must call (877) 823-2378 or go to to verify enrollment and receive payment. 
  • Note: Chapter 33, 33-TR, and 35 do not verify enrollment but dependents may call 1-888-GIBILL-1 for certification status
  • To change your program of study, you must fill out Form 22-1995 (Chapter 30, 33, 1606, and 1607) or Form 22-5495 (Chapter 35). 
  • Turn the 22-1995 or 22-5495 in to RCC Veterans Services. You will also need an updated VA SEP. In order to have one created you will need to schedule a VRC Counseling Appointment 
  • Call 888-GIBILL1 (442-4551) for questions regarding pay, the Certificate of Eligibility, or VA Benefits.
  • Check your RCCD email!

A Community of Students and Supporters

RCC Student Veterans Association

Our RCC Student Veterans Group recognizes the service our members have provided to our country and provides a supportive inclusive environment. 

Our Veterans Association is an active chapter of The Student Veterans of America (SVA), a national organization supporting student Veterans.

Meetings are held during Spring and Fall semesters, first Thursdays of each month, 12:50-1:50pm in the Veterans Resource Center or online currently in Zoom.

FAQ's for Veterans Using VA Educational Benefits

Certifying officials have 30 days to certify completed and accurate requests, in accordance to Veterans Affair Rules and Regulations.

You are required to submit a SOR every term/semester that you plan to collect benefits. Turning this in immediately once you enroll in classes, allows the college to certify you for your courses and prevents you from being dropped for non-payment. While informing the RCC VA Certifying Officials to process you through the VA for accurate usage of benefits.

You are responsible to immediately notify Veterans Services of any changes to your schedule. Failure to do so may affect your monthly payments.
You can check on your certification status via the WAVE website 
All prior credit must be evaluated before a Veteran can collect educational benefits at the college. Veterans are not able to receive payment for a course that has previously been successfully completed or that is not required on their VA Student Educational Plan (SEP). Also, a VA SEP cannot be prepared until all transcripts are submitted.
High School transcripts must be submitted are to obtain Ed Plans. For instance, transferring to a UC and various program of studies require an evaluation of high school transcripts.
To meet with a Counselor to discuss choosing a program of study, make an appointment with the Veterans Educational Counselor.
You should meet with a counselor each semester to review your VA Student Education Plan and remaining classes. 
A VA SEP is a Student Educational Plan that is prepared by a Veterans’ Counselor for Veterans. This form lists the courses that are needed or have already been completed for a VA approved program. The VA will only pay a beneficiary required courses listed on the VA SEP. In other words, students will only be eligible for payment if registered for courses from the list.
Log into WebAdvisor to check the status of incoming transcripts. Once all transcripts have been received, emial or call Veterans Services at (951) 222-8607 or and request a transcript evaluation. Be prepared to tell Veterans Services your intended “Program of Study”. Once the evaluation is complete, you will receive notification via your RCC email. You may then schedule a VRC Counseling appointment so the education plan can be created.
To change your major you will need to submit Form 22-1995/5495 to Veterans Services. You will need a new VA Student Educational Plan (SEP) and be prepared for your new program of study.
Yes, RCC has a VA Work Study Program, on occasions there are positions available for VA work study. Please contact RCC Veterans Services at (951) 222-8607 for more information.

You can also apply for financial aid via For more information, please refer to Student Financial Services website or contact (951) 222-8710.

Scholarships may also be available to Veterans through RCC Financial Aid please contact financial aid for scholarship information.

RCC TRIO program is partnered with our RCC Veterans Department to assist students and may on occation have financial assistance. Please contact RCC TRIO Program for more information.

A Parent School Letter (PSL) is required in order to collect benefits for courses taken while concurrently enrolled at another college. If you plan to maintain RCC as your primary school, Veterans Services can create the PSL. You will need to provide the course descriptions and amount of units. Once this information has been received and the course(s) will be reviewed by our RCC Veterans Counselor and approved as required, a PSL can be provided to the other college so you can be certified for your course(s).  
This information also pertains to the colleges within the Riverside Community College District. Yet, this PSL will not require counselors review as we are within the same District. 
Students called to active duty can drop their classes, get refunds for fees and books and receive an "MW" on their transcript. The “MW" (Military Withdraw) grade is not counted as punitive towards probation or dismissal. Documentation is required – You will need to submit your signed, active duty or reserve duty orders with an ECP to Admissions to start this process. 
If you are using your GIBILL benefits, you must also let Veterans Services staff know.  
You will need to contact both RCC and the VA. You can file a change of address with the VA online at the GI Bill website through WAVE, or calling 888-GIBILL1 (442-4551).

Resources and Links

  • California Jobs For more information on high growth and high demand careers - Career One Stop Shop
    This "One Stop Career Center" provides information about schools, training programs and job openings in the area and is a career resource center. For other locations, call - (877) US2-JOBS for direct assistance
  • Employment Services - For assistance with unemployment benefits, training services, and to get information about priority Veteran job placement contact EDD. 
  • Health and Welfare Center
  • Crisis/Intervention Hotline
    (951) 686-4357
  • Referrals for health and social services, please call 2-1-1
  • Veterans Administration Care System offers 5 years of healthcare to Veterans. 
    (800) 827-1000
  • State Department of Veterans Affairs
    (800) 952-5626 
  • Riverside University Health Systems 
    • CARES Line Call (800) 706-7500
    • Substance Use CARES Line (800) 499-3008
    • 24/7 Mental Health Urgent Care​ Riverside: (951) 509-2499 Palm Springs: (442) 268-7000 Perris: (951) 349-4195
    • Peer Navigation Line Call: 888-768-4968
  • VA Loma Linda Healthcare System  (909) 825-7084 or (800)741-8387 
  • National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (800) 273-8255
  • Veterans Crisis Line (800) 273-8255 and press 1/ Text 8328255 

Useful Reading

Moving and Storage

The average military family moves every 2-3 years — 2.5 times more often than civilian families. Before your next move here are a few things to learn and consider.

Assistance for Homeless Vets

Members of the military, and their family, sacrifice so much. Operation We Are Here points the way to a treasure trove of information to assist your military or veteran family.

Veteran’s Homebuying Guide

Finding a real estate agent who knows the ins and outs of veteran home buying benefits can help you save time, money and frustration while making the best purchase.

Real Help for Real Warriors

You are not alone. There are many people who are or have been in similar places to you. Service members, veterans and military families here is the support you’ve earned, and deserve.